Re: updated broken links on guile project pages

From: Marco Parrone
Subject: Re: updated broken links on guile project pages
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:31:43 +0100

Marius Vollmer on Sun, 21 Mar 2004 02:01:14 +0100 writes:

>> Where to send that? In case someone who can do something with the
>> information reads here, it's below.
>
> Errm, my plan was to use the Free Software Dictionary at
>
>     http://www.gnu.org/directory/
>
> as the place to collect information about Guile projects.  I asked
> them to create some categories for us, but this hasn't happened yet.
> No answers to repeated requests either.  (The last email is attached
> below, in case you want to join the process.)
>
> Sooo, yeah, I will try to get that ball rolling again and will then
> incorporate your changes...

IMHO a simpler (and cleaner?) way would be to put the programs in the
existing language-idependent categories, and to mention that the
program is a Guile program in the description, and to put "Guile
Scheme" in the source language field.

Then a simple search would let find Guile Scheme programs and libraries.

Last time I added a program to the directory, filling the template
entry and sending it to the directory, it taked not much time to see
it published, IIRC.

Cheers,
marc0

--