Re: to serialize/deserialize closures; and multithreading

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: to serialize/deserialize closures; and multithreading
Date: 25 Mar 2004 07:40:29 -0500

  1. If I have a scheme value that is a closure, is there any way that I can
  serialize this closure (from C code) into a form that it can be
  deserialized back into a SCM closure variable (again, by C code)?  I can
  assume for this question that both ends of the serial line are running the
  same version of gnu guile and my software, but cannot assume that both
  ends are running on the same computer architecture.  Would it instead
  only be possible for me to transfer closures as their scheme source.

I'm not even sure it is well-defined what it means to migrate a
closure.  Should a mutation on the new computer of a captured variable
affect the old computer?

--
        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>