Re: Three real-life questions

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Three real-life questions
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:32:36 +0100

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 13:01, Michael Burschik wrote:
> 1. How should one export, or re-export modified generic functions?
>  Using :export seems to work as expected, although guile complains
>  about the use of deprecated features. Using :re-export gets rid of the
>  complaints, but does not seem to be documented in the guile manual. So
>  what is the correct way to handle generic functions in modules?

If a module that you use supplies a binding, and you want that binding
to be available for users of your module, you must re-export it. This
applies to generics as well as other bindings. Lack of documentation on
this is a bug, though!

> 2. Is there a preferred source documentation system for guile
>  (something like schematics schemedoc, or bigloo's mole)?

I'm pretty ignorant about this -- check ice-9/documentation.scm for
information about the commentary format, but as for function-by-function
documentation I don't know.

> 3. Is there a preferred logging solution for guile (something like
>  log4j and friends)?

It seems I am thoroughly ignorant today ;) Dunno.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>