Re: Three real-life questions

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Three real-life questions
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:23:04 +0200

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

>> 2. Is there a preferred source documentation system for guile
>>  (something like schematics schemedoc, or bigloo's mole)?
>
> I'm pretty ignorant about this -- check ice-9/documentation.scm for
> information about the commentary format, but as for function-by-function
> documentation I don't know.

Also, there is schmooz[0], which isn't specially Guile-targeted, but
since it uses texinfo, it's certainly somewhat GNUish.

>> 3. Is there a preferred logging solution for guile (something like
>>  log4j and friends)?

There is a bit of code in Guile-Lib[1]; the stuff is modelled after
the Python logging facilities.

[0] http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/Docupage/schmooz.html
[1] http://yi.org/rotty/GuileLib.html
--