Re: screwy alist syntax

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: screwy alist syntax
Date: 16 Apr 2004 16:04:53 -0500

Brian S McQueen <address@hidden> writes:

> I just noticed something that looks screwy.  Is there a good reason for
> the following?
>
> The assq func take a key and an alist:
>
> assq key alist
> BUT the assq-ref func take an alist and a key, which is the opposite
> order:
>
> assq-ref alist key

Just making up stuff here, but I think that `assq' et al are historic
Lisp functions, and so were left as they were.  However, `assq-ref' et
al are new, so can have the `right' order.  They aren't in Emacs,
anyway.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

Most people's favorite way to end a game is by winning.

Mena monarchist AFSPC analyzer arrangements quarter Ft. Bragg
MILSATCOM BRLO Consul Reno kilo class Europol JFK Roswell