Re: GLib GObject & Javadot Notation for scheme?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GLib GObject & Javadot Notation for scheme?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:12:04 +0200

Hi,

Yesterday, 18 hours, 33 minutes, 22 seconds ago, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't really know how to achieve that; I think you mean
> (set! (border-width window) 20), which would be GOOPS-accessor-style
> also. One would have to create accessors for all the GObject
> properties at runtime. I think this is a nice idea, but I think one
> would have to write some C code to have it.

This could easily be achieved with Guile's procedures with setters:

  (define border-with (make-procedure-with-setter border-width-getter
                                                  border-width-setter))

Maybe there are more standard or more goopsish ways to do that, though
(however, `set!' is *not* a generic function in GOOPS so this probably
isn't feasible in pure GOOPS as you said).

Ludovic.