Re: Guile-PG 0.91 - what am I doing wrong?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Guile-PG 0.91 - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 05:21:06 +0200

   From: Chris Hall <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 03:06:09 -1000

   Debian Woody, kernel 2.4.18bf,  GCC 3.0.4, GNU make 3.79.1.

   Guile 1.6.4 obtained from Savannah and built using GCC 3.0.4.  Guile
   installed into /usr/local.

if you're installing guile anyway, you might as well try 1.4.1.98,
with which guile-pg 0.19 was tested, available in directory:

  http://www.glug.org/alt/

(works for me under debian woody w/ gcc 2.95.4.)  you can use the
configure option `--prefix /tmp/eval-local' if unsure.  after
installation, add /tmp/eval-local/bin to the head of PATH and try
"make installcheck".

if all goes well, keep PATH=/tmp/eval-local/bin:....  and install
guile-pg with the same prefix.  other packages that have been tested
with guile 1.4.1.98 are listed in file:

  http://www.glug.org/alt/guile-1.4.1.98.TESTED

(btw, thanks for motivating me to write that file.)  you can browse
installed modules that are either part of guile 1.4.1.98 or work with
guile 1.4.1.98 by visiting:

  http://www.muppetslab.org:8001/

if all does NOT go well, you can do "rm -rf /tmp/eval-local".  there is
a convenient script for guile-sdl that outlines the basic eval process:

  http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/guile-sdl/QUICK-START

alternatively, if you can provide patches for guile-pg to make it work
w/ guile 1.6.x w/o breaking builds using guile 1.4.x, i will be happy to
look them over and give you feedback.

thi