Re: behaviour of scm_run_hook

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: behaviour of scm_run_hook
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:54:53 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Certainly.  Somehow the e-mail I sent yesterday which had these portions
> of code didn't make it past my computer.  So here it is: [...]

I'm sorry but I can't see anything wrong here which might account what
you are seeing.  The only other thoughts I have are

- whether your code is calling scm_boot_guile() or scm_init_guile()
  correctly

- whether there might be multiple threads involved, with the C
  scm_c_run_hook() being on a different thread from the Scheme call

but to be honest these are just vague guesses, and I don't even know
whether getting details wrong in these areas can lead to your symptom.

Otherwise, I think the next step would be to try to use GDB to find
out why the stack overflow occurs.  The stack overflow error
originates from scm_report_stack_overflow in libguile, so if you set a
breakpoint on that function, we will at least be able to see the stack
trace at the point of the error, which may help.

Finally, please be sure to CC your subsequent emails to guile-user as
well as to me; you'll probably get a lot more help that way!

     Neil