Guile's return value

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Guile's return value
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:00:45 +0200

Hi,

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> check out how the other macros in guile.m4 use GUILE_CHECK.  in each
> case, the last form in the group of forms to be tested uses (exit ...).
> the reason we leave it as a convention instead of codifying it into
> GUILE_CHECK is to allow for multiple forms in the test (for example,
> see GUILE_MODULE_CHECK).

Right, thanks for pointing it out, I had not checked this.

However, is there a reason for Guile's return value to be independent of
the expression evaluated?  I think it would make sense, especially for
scripts, to have Guile behave according to the expression(s) evaluated.

Even uncaught exceptions yield a zero return value, which doesn't sound
like a very good idea.

Thanks,
Ludovic.