Re: Exceptions

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Exceptions
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:42:34 +0200

Hi,

Vorfeed Canal <address@hidden> writes:

> But what about GUILE extensions written in C ? Lack of sane
> place to put C glue libraries bothers me.

Extension libraries written in C can also be thought of as actual
libraries (for example, they may export C functions that wrap/unwrap
Scheme objects, or a C version of their Scheme API, etc.).  As such,
they deserve to be in the usual place for libraries.

> Not since this is such a big
> issue - it's minor issue.And THAT is reason it's bothering me: why
> project with over 8 years history STILL has such minor basic issues
> unresolved ? Are there are developers who can support GUILE or is it
> semi-abandoned project like HURD ?

Maybe you misunderstood the issues?

BTW, you should really try GNU/Hurd on your box before complaining.

Thanks,
Ludovic.