Re: libguile on Windows

From: Dylan Nicholson
Subject: Re: libguile on Windows
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:19:03 +1000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Jerram" <address@hidden>
To: "Dylan Nicholson" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:47 AM

"Dylan Nicholson" <address@hidden> writes:

Ok, I got guile 1.6.5 compiling and linking as a static library under
MSVC 7.1, but if I try a simple (console) program that just calls
scm_boot_guile(), when it runs it just prints out "ERROR: unbound
variable define" and aborts.

This occurs while reading/processing boot-9.scm from the ice-9 directory.

Any ideas?

Can you hack the code somehow so that the debug and backtrace options
are set:

 SCM_DEVAL_P = 1;
 SCM_BACKTRACE_P = 1;
 SCM_RESET_DEBUG_MODE;

(This would have to be after the init functions for debug.c.)

I just get

Backtrace:
In unknown file:
  ?: 0*

Then an access violation trying to access a null pointer in unmemocopy (eval.c, line 1291). unmemocopy calls itself recursively using SCM_CAR( ), and at some point SCM_CAR returns 0, which unmemocopy can't handle.

This happens no matter where I put the code (e.g. before callling scm_boot_guile or just before scm_load_startup_files())