Re: Modified load-path proposal

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Modified load-path proposal
Date: 13 Oct 2005 20:37:50 -0400

  Yes it does (I think).  If that's what you want, you just write your
  Makefile.am like this ...

  scmdatadir = $(datadir)/guile
  scmdata_DATA = whatever1.scm whatever2.scm

  ... and add an extra install step (for which I forget the syntax)
  that does

       guile-config add-load-path mydata $(datadir)/guile "My Location"

  Am I still missing something?

No, you're not - that's just fine, and would be IMHO the 'standard
way' to do things, or at least one of two ways, with the other
probably being putting stuff in $(guile-prefix)/share/guile.

  I don't see your point - can you be more concrete?

I was trying to contort the tag mechanism into doing what you showed
how to do earlier.  Now I realize there's no need, so with the caveat
that I'd like the docs to explain how to do in-own-prefix installs as
you did in email, I can fully support your proposal.

--
        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>