Re: [announce] released gee--beta--0.2--base-0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [announce] released gee--beta--0.2--base-0
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:29:40 +0200

Hi,

"Marco Maggi" <address@hidden> writes:

> GEE includes extensions for:
>
> * ASCII armor
> * Endianness conversion
> * GNU Libgcrypt
> * GNU multiple precision arithmetic library (GMP)
> * Multiple Precision Floating-Point Reliable library (MPFR)
> * Multiple Precision Complex Library (MPC)
> * Multiple Precision Floating-Point Interval Library (MPFI)
> * GNU Scientific Library (GSL) (early alpha)
> * GNU Libiconv
> * MHASH, hash algorithms library
> * NETTLE, cryptographic library
> * Libspopc, simple POP3 client
> * OSSP UUID, universally unique identifier library
> * Portable Coroutine Library (PCL) (alpha)
> * URI, Uniform Resource Identifier parser
> * Miscellaneous random numbers generators.

All these bindings look interesting, but why not publish them
independently?  For GNU libraries, the bindings could even be included
upstream I guess, which would be very beneficial to Guile users.

Also, Guile 1.8 uses GMP internally.  Does your set of bindings provide
additional functionalities (I understand that your main goal was
educational)?

Thanks,
Ludovic.