Re: Garbage collection bug

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Garbage collection bug
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:21:05 +1000

Andreas Røsdal <address@hidden> writes:

> When the cards get dragged the list of cards is kept purely on the C side
> of the code - hence there is an opportunity for them to get garbage
> collected.

Do you mean the CallData bits of cscmi_drag_valid and friends in
cscmi.c?  Yes, they look a bit dodgy.  The

        call_data->arg2 = c2scm_deck(cards);

is in a malloced block, so gc won't see it ... though the scm_call_2
bits probably put the args on the stack.  It might work to use the
stack for that CallData instead of g_new/g_free.  But I say that
without actually trying it :-).