design advice on predicate name

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: design advice on predicate name
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:42:29 +0200

Ciao,

  I have two predicate functions that act upon a vector
or matrix: the hit predicate produces a single #t/#f
result while the map predicate produces a vector or rank
2 array of #t/#f values.

  Using generic functions I can write functions with
math operators that act upon common numbers or vector and
matrices without visible difference.

  Example: I have two predicates HIT-NAN? and MAP-NAN?
which one it is better to call NAN?

  By the way: the NUMBER? predicate is supposed to return
#t for proper number SMOBs or for any object that can
be used as argument of math operators?

--
Marco Maggi

"They say jump!, you say how high?"
Rage Against the Machine - "Bullet in the Head"