Re: Autotooled guile-lib

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Autotooled guile-lib
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:37:16 +0000

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I made a prerelease for 0.1.3, available on the web site as:
>>
>>   http://download.gna.org/guile-lib/snapshots/guile-lib-0.1.2.1.tar.gz

FWIW, I just successfully built a .deb from this snapshot, so the
autotooling is at least working well enough for that.

> I will be trying this out "soon" - although I'm afraid probably not in
> time to help with prerelease testing - because I'm interested in
> building a Glade UI definition in sxml, then converting to real XML
> and passing to libglade.

(Having experimented a bit, I no longer think this is a good idea.
The Glade XML format is designed for programs, not humans: the Glade
UI builder at one end, and glade_xml_new at the other.  I still think
it would be useful to be able to express a UI definition compactly in
sexp syntax, and I haven't yet found a really good way of doing this.)

Regards,
     Neil