Re: guile bindings for libwnck?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile bindings for libwnck?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:00:05 +0200

Hi Eric,

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 09:44 -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
> I'm a Guile newbie, and I'm trying to get this program
>     http://lilypond.org/~janneke/software/keywise.scm
> to run under Debian.
>
> I can't seem to find the wnck module (gnome gw wnck).
> There are libwnck.defs and libwnck-types.defs files, but no .scm files.

The libwnck bindings are part of guile-gnome, but they are not actively
maintained right now. Try the quick start instructions at
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/dev/, replacing

  scripts/pull-packages guile-gnome-platform

with

  scripts/get-packages guile-gnome-libwnck

You will have to have development guile-gnome. I am not aware of any
formal releases of libwnck. I would like to improve this in the near
future but unfortunately I cannot promise anything :(

Regards,

Andy.
--
http://wingolog.org/