Compiling guile on mingw32

From: Andreas Røsdal
Subject: Compiling guile on mingw32
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 19:01:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I'm trying to compile guile 1.8.1 for the mingw32 platform on Windows.
When running configure, I get this error message:

checking for lt_dlinit in -lltdl... no
configure: error: libltdl not found.  See README.

However, I have compiled and installed libtool. (libtool-1.5.22)
So I commented out the check for lltdl in configure, and ran it again.
Then I got the following error message:

checking for gethostname... no
checking whether sethostname is declared... no
checking for library containing crypt... no
checking for cexp... yes
checking for clog... yes
checking for carg... yes
checking whether csqrt is usable... no, glibc 2.3 bug
checking for __gmpz_init in -lgmp... no
configure: error: GNU MP not found, see README

Then I compiled and installed GNU MP (gmp-4.2.1).
However, I the above still occurs after installing GNU MP.

So it seems that configure is not able to find the two above error messages. I have also tried guile-core.unstable-20070429, and get the same problems there. Has anyone successfully been able to compile guile on mingw32?

 - Andreas