modules and version numbers

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: modules and version numbers
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:34:52 +0200

Ciao,

  I am thinking about adding a version number to my modules;
I want  a simple scheme  'major.minor', with NO  patch level
and NO  status indicator  (devel, alpha, beta,  stable). The
major  number changes  only when  backward  compatibility is
broken.

  No  problem for C  language shared  libraries; so  far the
only  idea I  had  for Scheme  files  is to  call the  files
"./path/to/module-1.scm"  without minor  number in  the file
name, and so '(define-module (path to module-1))'.

  I wonder if someone had ideas about it.
Something that can be done now...

P.S.

  I have found:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2005-09/msg00093.html

but  it is  not  available  now, nor  it  will be  available
anytime soon. And no, I cannot work on it.

--
Marco Maggi

"Now feel the funk blast!"
Rage Against the Machine - "Calm like a bomb"