Re: rfc (define-module ... #:use-modules ...)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: rfc (define-module ... #:use-modules ...)
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 17:15:52 +0200

() address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
() Sun, 07 Oct 2007 16:23:55 +0200

   I'm not sure I fully understand what `check-r6rs-library'
   does (and I don't have `(ice-9 accumulate)' also...).

to give you an idea, i have appended the output of running the
`compile-command' (see the Local Variables at eof).  the module
(ice-9 accumulate) is a "reduced strength (ice-9 q)" that started
out as just a pet for hobbit (long term goal: aiming for that cool
super-\beta optimization), but turned out to be a good fit in many
contexts.

   My guess is that we'd better rewrite the interpreter altogether
   (in Scheme or a subset thereof) to have one more "manageable",
   amenable to deep changes like this...

towards this end, another approach is to integrate hobbit and gcc.
an interpreter would fall out of that (somewhere, at some point).

thi