[ANN] Guile-R6RS-Libs 0.1

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [ANN] Guile-R6RS-Libs 0.1
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:07:20 +0200

Hi,

I am pleased to announce version 0.1 of Guile-R6RS-Libs for Guile 1.8:

  http://www.laas.fr/~lcourtes/software/guile/guile-r6rs-libs-0.1.tar.gz

The SHA-1 sum is:

  b69c56c404b058184ffcbb73409e0e52bed8cab1  guile-r6rs-libs-0.1.tar.gz

The goal of this package is to provide an implementation of a "useful"
subset of the R6RS standard libraries [0].  Currently, only the
bytevector API [1] is implemented, along with a subset of the port I/O
interface related to binary I/O [2] (see the `STATUS' file for details).
Thus, this release provides convenient means to implement a variety of
things requiring binary I/O, including binary protocols and binary file
parsing.  The package comes with no documentation so users are expected
to refer to [1] and [2].

Excerpt from the `NEWS' file:

  * New in Guile-R6RS-Libs 0.1

  ** Updated code to match the final R6RS

  ** Bug fixes
  *** bytevector: Fixed unaligned accesses
  Unaligned accesses caused "bus errors", e.g., on SPARC.
  *** `put-bytevector' and `put-u8' now gracefully handle closed ports

  ** Packaging
  *** New `--with-guilemoduledir' option, default to `pkgdatadir'
  *** Use Git for version control (see `README')
  *** Fixed "make check" when using an out-of-tree build directory

The source code repository is now available at:

  http://repo.or.cz/w/guile-r6rs-libs.git

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://r6rs.org/