Re: Why there's no debugger?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Why there's no debugger?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:29:22 +0100

Josef Wolf <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the answer, Neil.  You are right, I read it on a guile 1.8
> installation.  At the time I wrote the mail, I had 1.6.7 and I failed
> to remember that I read it on the other box.  Sorry for the confusion!

No problem.  A lot of the confusion stems from my slowness working on
this, I'm afraid.

> I guess the debugging will be included in some future guile release?

Well that's more likely than being in a past release. :-)

More seriously: I strongly want to get this area (debugging and Emacs
interface) to a state where it is complete (for the immediate use
cases that occur to me), coherent and fully documented; and I hope to
achieve that in the next few months.  Then we can look at what makes
sense in terms of releases.

Regards,
        Neil