Re: Guile + Emacs HOWTO

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Guile + Emacs HOWTO
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:12:40 +0000

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings conniving guilers,
>
> Today I figured out some awesomeness: how to hook up Emacs to a running
> Guile application. Good times! Directions follow, after a bit of
> background.

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for this great write up.  I'm sorry that the install is
still a bit painful.  I've planned for ages to get this stuff into a
core Guile release (as opposed to just CVS HEAD), but I've been held
up for ages by worries about the breakpoint function.

But the basic Guile/Emacs interaction stuff is fairly solid, so
perhaps what I should do is feed just that into the next 1.8.x
release.  That will make the basic function more easily available, and
I think will help my breakpoint worries too, by separating out the
problem area from the rest of guile-debugging.

If I do that, I'll also look at whether I should incorporate any of
your write up into the docs.

Regards,
      Neil