Re: guile-1.8/mingw bootstrap problem

From: Cesar Strauss
Subject: Re: guile-1.8/mingw bootstrap problem
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 16:02:16 -0300

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hi,

"Maciek Godek" <address@hidden> writes:

recently I've compiled guile on mingw32, but I can't
get it running. When I try to do so, I get the following error:

ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

and the program exits

boot-9.scm is located in
/usr/share/guile/1.8/ice-9

You can help Guile by setting the `GUILE_LOAD_PATH' environment variable
to `/usr/share/guile/1.8/'.  Then you can start Guile and look at the
value of the `%load-path' variable so see what paths it contains in
addition to this one.

Alternatively, when configuring, give the prefix in Windows format, i.e.
./configure --prefix=c:/msys/1.0

or equivalently
./configure --prefix=`cd /usr && pwd -W`

While the MSYS build environment provides a POSIX emulation layer useful for running configure scripts and makefiles, the mingw version of guile is a native Windows application that has no notion of MSYS-specific paths like /usr.

Regards,
Cesar