Re: ttn-pers-scheme & ttn-do

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: ttn-pers-scheme & ttn-do
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 20:12:47 +0200

() Sebastian Tennant <address@hidden>
() Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:36:24 +0300

   > The special exception can be seen in some Guile
   > releases in the top-level README:
   >
   > | The exception is that, if you link the GUILE library with
   > | other files to produce an executable, this does not by
   > | itself cause the resulting executable to be covered by the
   > | GNU General Public License.  Your use of that executable is
   > | in no way restricted on account of linking the GUILE
   > | library code into it.

   Presumably this is/was to encourage use of Guile
   across the board (i.e., in non-free environments too)?

Yes, i believe so.

   Thanks for taking the time to write this.  I can't say exactly
   _why_ it's nice to know how the situation came about, but it
   is, nevertheless.

You're welcome.  It can be both pleasant and unpleasant to
re-re-re-reverbrate.  That's the nature of troughs and crests.

thi