Re: Debian guile-1.8 and ttn guile-pg

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Debian guile-1.8 and ttn guile-pg
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 08:46:04 -0400

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> () Greg Troxel <address@hidden>
> () Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:04:16 -0400
>
>    So guile-pg needs a new .scm file that does this, and
>    I suspect that's all that's required but I'm not sure.
>
> Would something like this be sufficient?
>
> (define-module (database postgres))
> (load-extension "/ABS/PATH/TO/libpostgres.so.0.0.0"
>                 "scm_init_database_postgres_module")

(I presume you are either consing up the path or substituting it with
autoconf.)

My understanding is slightly fuzzy, but I think that defines the
guile-pg symbols in the (database postgres) module, but will not
necessarily export them.  The 1.4-style module loading seems to do the
equivalent of define-public.  I did make guile-pg work with a scheme
load file as you write above once, and I also had a number of export
statements.