Re: Just in case...

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Just in case...
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:08:56 +0100

2008/7/28 Neil Jerram <address@hidden>:
> 2008/7/25 Jon Wilson <address@hidden>:
>> ...anyone missed the announcement, Debian is going to freeze packages for
>> Lenny quite soon.  So, I humbly request that those responsible for such
>> things get the latest and greatest of everything packaged up for Lenny
>> before that happens.
>
> Thanks for the reminder.  For core Guile I already had this in mind,
> and I hope that we will be able to release a 1.8.6 that builds on all
> architectures, and which is in time for the Lenny freeze.

Well, lenny is now frozen (http://lwn.net/Articles/291741/), and core
Guile has 2 release-critical (RC) bugs against it.

Any DDs out there (and Rob, of course): fixes for RC bugs are still
allowed, and I believe that all the fixes you need are available in
Guile's git repository - so please apply and NMU if you can so that
Guile stays in lenny!

Thanks,
        Neil