Re: Me no understand scoping

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen
Subject: Re: Me no understand scoping
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:18:50 +0200 (CEST)

Clinton Ebadi:

As a matter of style, you probably want to avoid local-eval as it will
have to be removed whenever Guile ends up with a faster compiler (one

I've never heard this before, and I think you are way wrong.
first-class environments etc. is what makes Guile special
and it would be insane to remove it since there are xx other very
good scheme implementations. No more first-class environments,
no more Guile for me. Well, I guess someone would fork Guile
very quick in case it happened though.