Re: eval and exceptions

From: cedric cellier
Subject: Re: eval and exceptions
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:17:56 +0200

> Well, you can call your "eval-string" inside a catch, for example:
> (catch #t (lambda()(eval-string packet)) (lambda (key . args) #f))

Yes, it works !
I've tried it with srfi-34 extention module (guard) but for some reason
guard does not catch this kind of errors, while the genuine catch works.
Thank you very much.

For the concern about malicious users I will address this later, when
and if eventually there will be any actual user :)

> I've been trying to address this problem by implementing a network
> oriented object system. I'm still working on it and it's still far from
> completion, but if you're interested, you can find the specification
> in this list's archives:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2008-07/msg00094.html

I will have a look, although honestly I don't think I will understand
anything. Scheme have a tendancy to quickly turn into black magic as
soon as quotations enter the play.