Re: Patch to Guile-DBI: SCM_ASSERT

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: Re: Patch to Guile-DBI: SCM_ASSERT
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:45:37 -0600

2008/11/11 Mike Gran <address@hidden>:
> I've been playing with guile and mysql recently, but mostly with my own
> interface code.

Well, I believe that the world is better when there are
fewer, stronger libraries, as that promotes stability,
maintainability, and free-of-bugs-ness.

With that thought, I invite you to contribute/rewrite the
guile-dbi code as much as you want. You may not want
to; I understand; my first impulse was that the code
looked pretty darned ugly.  But that's an excuse to
clean it up, right?

FWIW, I'm not actually very interested in maintaining
or improving guile-dbi; I'm a lot more interested in
just using it (or anything else that does the trick; my
needs are very slight). In particular, I have no plans
for expansion or redesign; just bug-fixing.

--linas