Re: guile history: your input needed!

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: guile history: your input needed!
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:34:49 +0000

2008/11/20 Andy Wingo <address@hidden>:
> Hey Guilers!
>
> Many (most?) of you have been at this guile thing for longer than I
> have, some of you from the very beginning. While doing some
> reorganizations to the manual to get the VM docs in [0], I realized that
> a big missing piece of our public narrative is our history.

Apologies for not saying this when you raised this before, but to be
honest I'm not much bothered about Guile's history.  How does it help
us (Guile developers and users) to add this to the manual?

(And I'm especially bored of hearing about the old tcl war yet again...)

I hope this isn't too prickly; a better person would have said this
better, I'm sure.  I suspect you actually have good reasons for
thinking that this narrative will help Guile's future - so could you
flesh those out a bit?

Regards, (and now really off to bed....)
    Neil