Re: role of guile-lib

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: role of guile-lib
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:16:34 +0100

Hello!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> A few different options come to mind:
>
>   * Include (parts of?) it within Guile itself. This probably would
>     require copyright assignment, though perhaps not, if we put them
>     within a contrib/ section of the source distro (I would not want to
>     put `contrib' in the module name, however).
>
>   * Make it a part of Guile, but not a part of the guile source
>     distribution. This way all Guile committers could administer it, and
>     perhaps it could just share the same mailing lists.

Another solution: move the code to Git at Savannah (but as a project of
its own) and provide the interested parties with commit access (I'd be
one of these ;-)).  (Practically, you'd be the one in the best position
to do this, but then you'd be almost freed, Andy!)  Then have somebody
arrange to make releases periodically and voilà!  :-)

Guile-Lib could indeed point its users to address@hidden'.

Thanks,
Ludo'.