Re: role of guile-lib

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: role of guile-lib
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:27:04 +0100

Hi,

On Mon 05 Jan 2009 22:16, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>   * Include (parts of?) [guile-lib] within Guile itself
>>
>>   * Make [guile-lib] a part of Guile, but not a part of the guile source
>>     distribution.
>
> Another solution: move the code to Git at Savannah (but as a project of
> its own) and provide the interested parties with commit access (I'd be
> one of these ;-)).

So, sounds like the current situation with git instead of bzr, and
hosted on savannah.

> Guile-Lib could indeed point its users to address@hidden'.

Yes this should be the solution in any case -- fragmenting fora for
Guile discussion is not in our interest.

Maybe your solution is best -- it lets us keep guile-lib's unit tests
and documentation system intact, doesn't bind us quite to the quality
standards of guile, but still gives us the advantages of the
git/savannah switch.

> (Practically, you'd be the one in the best position to do this, but
> then you'd be almost freed, Andy!) Then have somebody arrange to make
> releases periodically and voilà! :-)

OK, ok, ok... ;-)

So I'll see about doing this this afternoon, if everything works out.

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/