Re: issue with GUILE_SITE_DIR m4 macro

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: issue with GUILE_SITE_DIR m4 macro
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:50:48 -0800 (PST)

> From: Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <address@hidden>
>   I am no autotools expert but i think DESTDIR env variable is not
> getting respected. Here is my Makefile.am:

The GUILE_SITE_DIR macro in guile.m4 doesn't search for any
DESTDIR information.

One way to keep automake happy is to install your files something
like this:

guile_sitedir = ${datadir}/guile/site
pkgguile_sitedir = $(guile_sitedir)/$(PACKAGENAME)
pkgguile_site_DATA = foo.scm

And then in your auto* you can then compare ${guile_sitedir}
to GUILE_SITE_DIR.

If they are not equal, you can construct a build-time warning that
says that the path of your installed scripts needs to be added to
the Guile path.  This would be like the warning that libtool outputs
when you install libraries in locations that are not in LD_LOAD_PATH.

I've seen it done, but, for the moment, I can't seem to find an
example.