Re: guile-lib changes

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guile-lib changes
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:55:30 +0100

Hello,

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

>  (1) I'm looking at upping the dependency from Guile 1.6 to 1.8, as that
>      will let me remove things from Guile-Lib as they are added to 1.8
>      and 2.0 (on both branches). An example of this already having
>      occurred is SRFI-34 and SRFI-35, both of which are in master and
>      1.8.

I think Guile-Lib should check whether they are available at
configure-time and install them iff they are not already available.

Besides, SRFI-35 is broken (see
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=skribilo.git;a=blob;f=m4/guile.m4)

>  (2) I removed (math rationalize), as its core functionality,
>      `rationalize', has been in Guile since 1.8.

Maybe it should be left there for compatibility, and just re-export the
procedure?  Same for `(container queue)'.

> I'll be pushing to savannah as soon as their admins to a final review,
> at which point I'll mail with details regarding the web site, etc.

Great, thanks a lot!

> I'll be rolling a new release soon. Now would be a great time to re-send
> those patches that I lost in the past ;)

There was this one:

  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.guile-lib.devel/454

Ludo'.