Re: Guile and SLIB

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: Guile and SLIB
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:28:58 -0600

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tom Browder <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am trying to get guile 1.8.6 to work (use) slib so that the
>> following configure test for gnucash (www.gnucash.org) works:
>
> If you installed from source, did you follow the instructions from the
> manual (info "(guile) SLIB installation")?

Yes, and they are not correct for my situation: Linux x64, Centos 5.2,
guile 1.8.6,and the latest version of slib (3b1 versus 3a3 in the
guile manual).  I am in the process of documenting what I had to do
and was going to present it here (showing changes needed in the guile
manual) if there is interest.

(It would be nice if slib were included with the guile package so they
played nice together--their interface seems somewhat fragile when
installed separately.)

Regards,

-Tom