Re: linking libguile to boehm gc?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: linking libguile to boehm gc?
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 19:11:30 +0200

Hello,

Linas Vepstas <address@hidden> writes:

> Say I've got a C application, and its linked to libguile,
> and etc.  Is it possible to also use Boehm GC inside my
> app, or will the two GC's step on each other, fight with
> each other?

I wouldn't try that at home.  ;-)

However, you might want to try the `boehm-demers-weiser-gc' branch of
Guile, which uses Boehm GC as a replacement of Guile's own GC.  To try
it, you must:

  1. Fetch the Git repository
     (http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/repository.html).

  2. Run "git checkout boehm-demers-weiser-gc".

  3. Run "autoreconf -vfi".

  4. Run "./configure && make && make install".  You need Boehm GC 7.1
     for that (it's not in Debian).

Thanks,
Ludo'.