Re: linking libguile to boehm gc?

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: Re: linking libguile to boehm gc?
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 16:03:01 -0500

2009/4/9 Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>:
> Linas Vepstas <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> FWIW, My app is getting GC-messier by the day.
>> Someone recently added support for lua scripting
>> via luabind; I assume luabind has a GC and it
>> hopefully doesn't interfere with libguile. Next,
>> there's talk of adding python support this summer,
>> which implies a potential 3-way GC showdown.
>> (slowdown?)
>
> Ouch, that's many GCs for a single program.  ;-)

Yes, and the runtime size is in the 3-6 GB range,
too, data crunching.

So, one last stupid question, to further demonstrate
my ignorance: if it so magically happened that all
these different pieces all ran BDW-GC, would it
magically happen that one pass of the GC would
scavenge RAM for all of the different interpreters?

--linas