Re: calling scheme procedures by name from C

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: calling scheme procedures by name from C
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 20:08:18 +0200

Linas Vepstas wrote:
2009/8/2 Mike Gran <address@hidden>:
Oh my oh my.  I wrote that doc at lonelycactus.com quite awhile ago.  I
keep meaning to take it down, because the way I did things was a little
strange and a little old.  But, oddly, there are few other
tutorial-level resources.  Someone really ought to put something better
together.

Well, don't take it down; it doesn't use the gh_ functions from what
I can tell, so its not totally misleading.  I'm more concerned about
the 'turtle graphics' pages, which do use the gh_* functions.  What
I do like about that one is that its fairly short and concise, which is
what I tend to like best.

I also got started using Guile with that turtle package tutorial, and it was really quite nice for the purpose... But I also later rewrote my original code to not use gh_ after I discovered there was a new API ;)

This document is linked here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/guile-tut/tutorial.html

So it seems to be part of the "official documentation" somewhat... However, it does not seem to be the stuff in doc/tutorial (actually, grepping doc for tortoise does not give any hits at all?) -- so does anyone know who wrote it and where/what it is meant to be?

If that's no problem with the original author, I'd volunteer to rework the tutorial for the new Guile API. Or maybe write some other tutorial in the same style just with another example (that maybe does not use X functions but something more basic). What do you think about this?

Yours,
Daniel