guile and libtool versions

From: Luc, Kevin
Subject: guile and libtool versions
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:21:13 -0700

Hi,

  I have installed guile 1.8.7 and libtool-1.5.6.  When I try to run my test app I get the following error:

error while loading shared libraries: libltdl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

  I looked at the so’s that were installed for libtool and they were:

libltdl.so

libltdl.so.3

libltdl.so.3.1.0

I thought maybe there is a versioning problem, so I tried the latest version of libtool, libtool-2.2.6b.tar.gz, but the so’s that were generated were the following:

libltdl.so.7.2.1

libltdl.so.7

libltdl.so

The guile 1.8.7  readme says that it requires anything later than 1.5.6.  I also tried to create a symbolic link:

ln -s libltdl.so.7.2.1 libltdl.so.0

ln -s libltdl.so.3.1.0 libltdl.so.0

but in both cases I got errors :

relocation error: /apps/libs/libltdl.so.0: undefined symbol: lt_libltdl_LTX_preloaded_symbols

Can anybody tell me what happened?  Did I mess up the configuration?  Or are the versions miss matched?

Thanks,

Kevin.

This communication, including any attachments, may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain a copy of or disseminate any portion of this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail and delete it from your system.