Re: [r6rs] no way to turn of coding: comment interpretation?

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: [r6rs] no way to turn of coding: comment interpretation?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 22:53:37 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Marco Maggi <address@hidden>

> It  is  an  Emacs  coding,  UTF-8
> with  the  suffix  "-unix"
> (explained  in the
> Emacs  info doc  node "Coding  Systems")
> which
> means  no   end-of-line  conversion  and  newline
> separate lines.

We talked about making a list of aliases between
Emacs coding names and standard encoding names
at one point.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2009-09/msg00045.html

And, a version of that idea made it into one of
the non-master git branches.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=guile.git;a=commit;h=8241a7d8d27ffcccdc2fac180f55df7f655f3773

But, at the time, I didn't like putting that list in C code
and I wanted it to go into the scheme code, which was more
complicated.  And then I guess I never got around to it.

I don't know if anyone else followed up on that idea.

-Mike