logical shift operators in guile?

From: steve tell
Subject: logical shift operators in guile?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 00:04:41 -0400 (EDT)

Does guile (1.8.x, or any version) have the integer logical shift operators, like C's << and >> ?

While searching for those, I realized that what I was trying to do was represent small sets of booleans as the bits of an integer... and that somthing similar could be done in a more scheme-like fashion with bitvectors.

But is there any way to copy the contents of bitvector a to another bitvector b of the same size, short of iterating over the elements?

thanks,
Steve