Re: [r6rs] misc problems with the cache of precompiled files

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [r6rs] misc problems with the cache of precompiled files
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:46:08 +0200

Hello Marco,

On Fri 11 Jun 2010 08:04, Marco Maggi <address@hidden> writes:

> I just noticed that my cache has this file in it:
>
> /home/marco/.cache/guile/ccache/2.0-0.Q-LE-4/home/marco/.cache/guile/ccache/2.0-0.Q-LE-4/home/marco/var/tmp/proof.sps.go.go
>
> should  I expect this  or is  something wrong  with pathname
> construction?

It doesn't look right. Let us know if you can reproduce it.

By the way, thank you for your bug reports, they have been good. I
haven't been able to get around to them all yet. You should build from
git, though, as there have been a number of bugs fixed since the
release.

>   Anyway, I have this script "proof.sps":
>
>     (import (rnrs))
>     (display "ciao\n")

There are some bugs still around regarding the compilation cache and
r6rs modules -- or specifically, with versioned modules, which r6rs
modules are. We're still working that one out and hpe to have something
in a couple days.

>   WARNING: (rnrs): `i/o-error-port' imported from both (rnrs files) and (rnrs
> io simple)
>   WARNING: (rnrs): `i/o-port-error?' imported from both (rnrs files) and
> (rnrs io simple)
>   ... <many more like this>

These warnings will be fixed soon.

Andy