Re: How to convert from Emacs Lisp to Guile

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: How to convert from Emacs Lisp to Guile
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:06:42 +0200

Hi!

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> For Guile 1.4.x, there is already (online) documentation:
> http://www.gnuvola.org/software/guile/doc/Module-Index.html

FWIW I’d prefer to avoid auto-extracted documentation.  Presumably it
would take a little bit of writing to provide more introductory text and
transitions between the different parts of the API.

> Where do you suggest this be placed in the Guile 2.x manual?

Perhaps under “Simple Generic Data Types”, after “Strings”.  What do you
think?

> Please find attached the (simple) test cases file.
> Tips on how/where to integrate it into Guile 2.x welcome.

Just drop it under ‘test-suite/tests’, with a ‘define-module’.  A few
comments on what the tests do would be welcome too as it looks a bit
dense at first sight.  :-)

> For the record, i am willing to relax licensing from GPLv3+ to LGPL
> for all changes relating to porting forward Guile 1.4.x stuff, so
> you don't need to worry about that aspect.

Excellent, thanks!

Ludo’.