Re: Performance

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Performance
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:41:10 +0200

Again, because the first I only send to Thien-Thi instead of to the
mailing list.

Op zaterdag 19 jun 2010 17:44 CEST schreef Thien-Thi Nguyen:

> Re performance, take a look at the lower-level procedures used to
> implement the high-level ‘read-line’.  The lowest ones require an
> explicit buffer to be passed in by the caller.  If you modify your
> program to use these, you can control the timing and frequency of
> that buffer's allocation, and thus improve the program's performance.

The problem is that input/output is not the problem. When just adding
this statement:
               (set! found-match (regexp-exec reg-exp this-line))
the program takes 65% more time. So it looks like that rex-exps are very
expensive.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer