Re: Guile-PG back in the groove

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Guile-PG back in the groove
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:16:06 +0200

() James Cloos <address@hidden>
() Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:57:17 -0400

   You should be able to create one in your local clone and when
   you push it should just work.

   [details]

Thanks for the tip.  The method you mention is indeed almost
equivalent to using "git branch"; the latter also updates
.git/logs/refs/heads.

The real question is whether or not it is wise to omit the
conventional branch ‘master’ in the first place.  After some
reflection (and reading your and others' comments), i've decided
that the hassle of having to explain this unconventional
arrangement as well as its workaround while savannah support
evolves towards generality outweighs the aesthetic benefit.

So, for (both Guile-WWW and) Guile-PG, i've re-added branch
‘master’, to be synchronized every so often with branch ‘p’.
These are all just node names, anyway.

Thanks to everyone who hit me w/ the clue bat.  We now return you
to your regularly scheduled "git clone" + "hack away" program.

thi