guile-1.9.11 install problem

From: Shenli Zhu
Subject: guile-1.9.11 install problem
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:57:26 +0800

Hi all,

I tried to install guile-1.9.11 on Ubuntu 10.04 and get an error:

==Error Begin==
checking for BDW_GC... configure: error: Package requirements (bdw-gc) were not met:

No package 'bdw-gc' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BDW_GC_CFLAGS
and BDW_GC_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
==Error End==

I tried two approachs, both failed (not generate *.pc file)
1. install package libgc-dev and libgc1c2 from Ubuntu repository.
2. install tarball from BDW hp site.

Any suggestion to work around the it?

Thanks,
Davy