Re: Does Guile have a curry form?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Does Guile have a curry form?
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 09:17:39 +0100

() Marek Kubica <address@hidden>
() Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:45:56 +0100

   Before I reinvent the wheel, does Guile have support for
   something similar to Racket's curry/curryr or Pythons
   functools.partial, which returns me a lambda with some
   arguments already pre-set?

If you mean:

  (define ((foo x) y)
    (+ x y))

  ===

  (define (foo x)
    (lambda (y)
      (+ x y)))

with usage, e.g.:

  (map (foo 1) (iota 3))
  => (1 2 3)

then, yes, prior to Guile 1.9, this was supported out of the box.
With 1.9 and later you must:

  (use-modules (ice-9 curried-definitions))

first.  I wonder if there is a way to autoload that module, to
achieve the pre-1.9 (out of the box) behavior.