Re: Problems building GNU Greg testing framework

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Problems building GNU Greg testing framework
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 21:50:44 +0100

Hi!

address@hidden writes:

> I'm trying to build GNU Greg 1.4 in order to build Guile DBI but when I
> run ./configure something goes wrong.
>
> $ ./configure --prefix $HOME/opt/
> checking host system type... Invalid configuration
> `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized

This means that Greg’s ‘config.guess’ (which originates from Autoconf)
is very, very old, and doesn’t know this architecture, leading to:

> ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
> Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
> configure: error: libtool configure failed

AFAIK Greg has been mostly unmaintained for several years.  Still, you
could try regenerating the configure machinery with a current Autoconf
and see what happens.

Thanks,
Ludo’.