Re: Updating GNU Serveez for Guile 2.0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Updating GNU Serveez for Guile 2.0
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:46:59 +0100

Hello Mike!

Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> There's a download server and git repo you can browse at
>
>   https://github.com/spk121/serveez-mg
>
> And some documentation you can read at
>
>   https://github.com/spk121/serveez-mg/raw/master/doc/serveez-mg.txt

Great, looks like a nice plan!

I just read the bits about the DNS co-server.  Recently I was thinking
we should have a higher-level API for domain name resolution in Guile,
which would (1) be more Schemey and more portable than the ‘getaddrinfo’
procedure, and (2) support asynchronous requests using a future-like API
with a dedicated thread pool.

So perhaps parts of the Serveez spirit could conquer Guile core?  :-)
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ludo’.